Using a professional letting agent is the safest way to rent a property. At Charlesworth Estates, we act on your behalf and ensure that you are treated fairly.

We manage properties ranging from one bed apartments to five bed detached prestige homes and can cater to suit most needs.

Our experienced staff will guide you through the lettings process and advise you of which available properties suit your needs.

We will accompany you to all viewings and answer any questions you may have.

Please note that we reference all our tenants; this requires you to complete an application form, and we must have the following forms of identification.

  • Photographic I.D.
  • National Insurance number

Once you have rented a property with us, your rent must be paid by standing order or automated payment.

Immigration Act

The Immigration Act 2014 means you need to demonstrate your Right to Rent in the United Kingdom. Right to Rent checks are a legal requirement for anyone wishing to rent a property in the United Kingdom.

Who does this legislation apply to?
The Immigration Act 2014 applies to everyone wishing to rent a property within the United Kingdom. Whether you are a British national, from a member state of the European Union or from anywhere else in the world, the validation of your immigration status is required by law. Anyone else who will be living at the property with you, including children over 18 years old will be required to complete the same validation checks.

What documents do you need to provide?
The required documents needed to be provided is a passport and driving licence or a birth certificate, if from outside the EU a national insurance number is needed or proof that the person can work in the UK.

How does the process work?
At the point of your application we will either scan your documents directly into our system, or you can upload the documents for validation on your online application form.

Frequently asked questions

What identification is acceptable?
There is an extensive list and it will depend which group you fall into. A member of our staff will advise you.

What is the Council Tax band of the property I am interested in?
You can find it by looking on┬áthe government’s Check your Council Tax band page.

How do we pay our bond and first month rent?
These need to be paid directly into our account, please contact a member of staff for our bank details, all future rent must be paid by standing order.

Can I change my payment date?
Yes, this can be arranged my contacting a member of staff for information.

What age do tenants need to be added to the tenancy?
At the age of 18 they must be on the tenancy.

Do you accepts pets?
Animals are at the landlords discretion, we would only accept one dog or one cat.

Am I responsible for maintaining the garden?

Am I allowed to smoke in the property?
No, this is not allowed.

Can I decorate or make changes to the property?
You can only decorate or make changes to the property with the landlord’s permission.

Throughout the tenancy do I need to give access to the property at any time?
Yes for gas checks and property inspections and any maintenance issues, you will be notified of the date prior to this access being required. Please note, failure to allow access could result in your tenancy not being renewed and a charge.

Who is responsible for repairs?
The landlord is responsible for maintaining the property in a good state of repair, contact a member of stage to arrange this. If the damage is caused by yourself you would be expected to pay the cost of putting it right.

When do I give notice to leave the property?
We require one months notice from your next due date. Please be aware that if you are in a fixed term tenancy you are liable for the rent and all utility bills until the fixed term ends. Once notice has been issued we will require access to the property to carry out any viewings.

Can I use my bond to pay my last months rent?
No this is not the purpose of the bond. You must make all your rent payments on your due date.

What if I can’t pay my rent?
If you have any problems regarding paying your rent, please contact the office to discuss this matter further.

Charlesworth Estates